Tuesday 29 April 2014

Where Has All The Power Gone?

I thought I would borrow the title of the old hippie song that was commenting on the destruction of the environment by increased development and industrialisation "Where Have All The Flowers Gone".

I know. Who would remember that one?

It just seemed appropriate seeing as I was commenting on the state of the expression of the power of the Holy Spirit in the contemporary church in the wake of Post Modern Deconstructionism and the Emergent Church Movement.

I really didn't plan this message. I was doing a sound and lighting check at the recording location and it was like someone put a bomb under me. I just started preaching and it felt soooo good after such a long break that I just went with it.

Yes, if you look carefully you can see some clever edits where I have removed references to real people and/or organisations and there are some where I got old timers' brain freeze and cut out the bits where we take a little nap mid sentence (or mid word LOL).

If you do choose to watch these, please don't be offended, that is not where I am coming from. Also make sure that you watch both parts. Don't go off half-cocked and upset after just watching part one. You need to watch both in order to get the full message as part two balances it out IMHO.

Cheers,

Pastor Garth Clarkson
 


No comments:

Post a Comment